Lone Justice - Lone Justice FLAC album
Album:Spreading the disease Artist:Anthrax Uploaded by kind permission of Universal Music Group.
Music video by Lone Justice performing Shelter
All about Lone Justice.
Shelter is the second album by American country rock band Lone Justice, released in November 1986. I Found Love" 12" US Promotional Single (PRO-A-2645). I Found Love" (LP Version) (McKee, Van Zandt) 4:15. I Found Love" 12" UK Picture Disc (GEF 18TP). I Found Love" (Extended Remix) (McKee, Van Zandt). I Found Love" (LP Version) (McKee, Van Zandt). If You Don't Like Rain" (McKee, Fontayne).
Lone Justice is the self-titled debut studio album by American roots rock band Lone Justice, released in 1985. East of Eden" (Marvin Etzioni) – 2:37. After the Flood" (Maria McKee) – 3:40. Ways to Be Wicked" (Mike Campbell, Tom Petty) – 3:28. Don't Toss Us Away" (Bryan MacLean) – 4:19. Working Late" (Etzioni) – 2:45. Sweet, Sweet Baby (I'm Falling)" (Little Steven & the Disciples of Soul, McKee, Benmont Tench, Steven Van Zandt) – 4:12. Pass It On" (Etzioni, McKee) – 3:40.
Few new bands receive the kind of critical buzz that Lone Justice generated prior to the release of their first album in 1985, and one senses the band (not to mention producer Jimmy Iovine and Geffen Records) wanted to deliver something special to merit the hype. Which was not necessarily a good thing; Lone Justice is an album that tries so hard to be great that it sometimes ends up tripping over its own ambitions.
Listen to music from Lone Justice like Ways To Be Wicked, Shelter & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Lone Justice. Lone Justice was a country rock band which formed in Los Angeles, California, United States in 1982. The band originally consisted of Maria McKee (vocals, guitar), Ryan Hedgecock (guitar), Marvin Etzioni (bass) and Don Heffington (drums) and released two albums, "Lone Justice" (1985) and "Shelter" (1986) before disbanding in 1986.
This Lone Justice album clocks in at under 40 minutes and it doesn’t need a minute more. What the music business seems to have been forgotten over the ensuing years is that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Deservedly so. The album was on many Best of lists for 1985, including the coveted Village Voice list (for those who don’t know, it was a thing). One Rolling Stone critic even went so far as to say it was one of the greatest albums ever made
Album · 1985 · 10 Songs. 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Lone Justice.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||East Of Eden
Acoustic Guitar – Ryan HedgecockBacking Vocals [Additional Background Vocals] – Benmont TenchMixed By – Don Smith, Shelly YakusRecorded By – Shelly YakusWords By, Music By – M. Etzioni*
|A2||After The Flood
Mixed By – Don Smith, Shelly YakusRecorded By – Shelly YakusWords By, Music By – M. McKee*
|A3||Ways To Be Wicked
Bass – Bob GlaubGuitar – Mike CampbellMixed By – Don Smith, Shelly YakusRecorded By – Joe ChiccarelliWords By, Music By – M. Campbell*, T. Petty*
|A4||Don't Toss Us Away
Mixed By – Greg EdwardRecorded By – Greg EdwardWords By, Music By – Bryan MacLean
Mixed By – Don Smith, Shelly YakusRecorded By – Shelly YakusWords By, Music By – M. Etzioni*
|B1||Sweet, Sweet Baby (I'm Falling)
Music By – B. Tench*, M. McKee*, S. Van Zandt*Recorded By, Mixed By – Greg EdwardRhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar – Little StevenWords By – M. McKee*
|B2||Pass It On
Acoustic Guitar – Ryan HedgecockGuitar – Tony GilkysonMixed By – Don Smith, Shelly YakusRecorded By – Greg EdwardWords By, Music By – M. McKee*
|B3||Wait 'Til We Get Home
Backing Vocals [Additional Background Vocals] – Benmont TenchMixed By – Don Smith, Shelly YakusMusic By – M. McKee*, R. Hedgecock*Recorded By – Joe ChiccarelliWords By – M. McKee*
|B4||Soap, Soup And Salvation
Mixed By – Dave Thoener*Recorded By – Thom PanunzioWords By, Music By – M. McKee*
|B5||You Are The Light
Mixed By – Greg EdwardRecorded By – Shelly YakusWords By, Music By – M. Etzioni*
- Copyright (c) – The David Geffen Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The David Geffen Company
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Rumbo Recorders
- Recorded At – Amigo Studios
- Mixed At – The Village Recorder
- Mixed At – Rumbo Recorders
- Overdubbed At – Sunset Sound
- Overdubbed At – The Village Recorder
- Overdubbed At – Amigo Studios
- Overdubbed At – Rumbo Recorders
- Overdubbed At – Studio 55, Los Angeles
- Mixed At – Sound City Studios
- Mastered At – Precision Lacquer
- Mastered At – Sheffield Lab Matrix – △9227
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Published By – My Youth Music
- Published By – Little Diva Music Company
- Published By – Safespace Music
- Published By – Gone Gator Music
- Published By – Wild Gator Music
- Published By – Lionrich Music
- Published By – Little Steven Music
- Published By – Blue Gator Music
- Published By – Hedgecock Music
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company – B-20929
- Pressed By – Allied Record Company – B-20930
- Art Direction – Jeffrey Kent Ayeroff, Paula Greif
- Bass, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Marvin Etzioni
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Janet Weber
- Crew – Chuck Reed
- Design – Jeri McManus
- Drums – Don Heffington
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Bill Jackson, Bruce Lampcov, Greg Droman, Steve Shelton*, Steve Hirsch, Steve Strassman*
- Engineer [Chief Engineer] – Shelly Yakus
- Guitar, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Ryan Hedgecock
- Lead Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica – Maria McKee
- Management – Carlyne Majer
- Mastered By [Originally Mastered By] – Stephen Marcussen
- Other [Hair] – Julien
- Other [Make-up] – Michel Voyski
- Other [Stylist] – Barbara Dente
- Percussion [Percussion Overdubs] – Bobbye Hall
- Photography By – Deborah Turbeville
- Piano, Organ – Benmont Tench
- Producer – Jimmy Iovine
- Recorded By [Overdubs Recorded By] – Don Smith, Gabe Veltri, Greg Edward, Joe Chiccarelli, Shelly Yakus, Thom Panunzio
NotesThis is an Allied Record Company (ARC) pressing as indicated by the "a" (Allied logo) stamped in runouts and the embossed A on side B label.
This release with stripped white Geffen labels. Another similar pressing for this same catalog # release "Lone Justice" exists but with black Geffen labels.
Recorded in America
A1, A2, A5. Recorded at Power Station, N.Y. Mixed at Village Recorders, L.A.
A3, B3. Recorded at Sunset Sound, L.A. Mixed at Village Recorders, L.A.
A4. Recorded at Sunset Sound, L.A. Mixed at Rumbo Recorders, L.A.
B1. Recorded and Mixed at Rumbo Recorders, L.A.
B2. Recorded at Rumbo Recorders, L.A. Mixed at Village Recorders, L.A.
B4. Recorded at Amigo Studios, Inc., L.A. Mixed at Sound City Studios, L.A.
B5. Recorded at Power Station, N.Y. Mixed at Rumbo Recorders, L.A.
Overdubs recorded at Sunset Sound, Village Recorders, Amigo Studios, Rumbo Recorders and Studio 55
A1, A5, B5. Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. / My Youth Music Adm. by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. BMI
A2, B2, B4. Little Diva Music Company / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., Safespace Music as admin. for Little Diva Music Company BMI
A3. Gone Gator Music / Wild Gator Music ASCAP
A4. Lionrich Music BMI
B1. Little Diva Music Company / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., Safespace Music as admin. for Little Diva Music Company BMI / Little Steven Music ASCAP / Blue Gator Music
B3. Little Diva Music Company BMI / Hedgecock Music / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., Safespace Music as admin. for Little Diva Music Company and Hedgecock Music BMI
A4. Thanks to my brother Bryan for his love and inspiration - Maria
This album is dedicated to the memory of Jimmy Iovine, Sr.
Includes inner sleeve with credits.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992406017
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-24060-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etched, variant 1): GHS - 24060 - A RE1 - SH 2 B-20929- Re1-SH2 Precisioṉ SM 1-1 SLM△9227
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etched, variant 1): GHS-24060-B RE1 - SH 2 B-20930- Re1-SH2 Precision SM SLM △ 9227-X 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A & B Stamped): a [Allied logo]
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Other (Embossed Side B Label): A
|924 060-1, 924 060. 1||Lone Justice||Lone Justice (LP, Album)||Geffen Records, Geffen Records||924 060-1, 924 060. 1||Europe||1985|
|GEF 26288||Lone Justice||Lone Justice (LP, Album)||Geffen Records||GEF 26288||Portugal||1985|
|GEFD24060||Lone Justice||Lone Justice (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||GEFD24060||UK||1985|
|GEBBD-24060||Lone Justice||Lone Justice (CD)||Geffen Records||GEBBD-24060||Canada||1985|
|GHS 24060||Lone Justice||Lone Justice (LP, Album)||Geffen Records||GHS 24060||US||1985|