Joe Jackson - Night And Day II FLAC album
Features Song Lyrics for Joe Jackson's Joe Jackson: Night and Day II album.
Более 100 млн. качественных фотографий для любых творческих потребностей. Заходи! · Более 45 млн. фото · Более 2 млн. видео · Более 100 млн. фото
Night and Day is the fifth studio album by Joe Jackson, released in June 1982. It reached the Top 5 in both the UK and US, Jackson's only studio album to do so in either country. It sold over one million copies, earning platinum disc status. It also quickly achieved platinum status in Canada. The album pays tribute to the wit and style of Cole Porter (and indirectly to New York). The track "Real Men" pointed obliquely to the city's early 1980s gay culture.
Both had been genre-hopping prior to 1982, but Jackson's Night and Day and Costello's Imperial Bedroom announced to the world that both were "serious songwriters," standing far apart from the clamoring punkers and silly new wavers
Night And Day - Joe Jackson's Original Demos. Original album released in 1982. Recorded at Blue Rock Studio, Soho, New York City, Spring 1982.
Band Name Joe Jackson. Album Name Night and Day II. Type Album. Members owning this album0. 3. Stranger Than You. 4. Why (with Susann Deyhim). 5. Glamour and Pain (with Dale Devere). 6. Dear Mom. 7. Love Got Lost (with Marianne Faithfull).
side one: Night Side: 1. Another World 0:00 2. Chinatown 3:59 3. . UMG; AMRA, Kobalt Music Publishing, LatinAutor - SonyATV, UBEM, ASCAP, LatinAutor" и другие авторские общества (3). Композиция. UMG (от лица компании "Mercury"); LatinAutor, ASCAP, AMRA, UBEM, Kobalt Music Publishing, LatinAutor - SonyATV" и другие авторские общества (3).
Ever since hearing Jackson's first album, Look Sharp in a used record store in San Francisco and receiving the Live 1980-1986 album in as a Christmas present in 1988, I have. The millennium is truly at hand: Joe Jackson has put out an album I don't love. You have to understand the magnitude of this. Ever since hearing Jackson's first album, Look Sharp in a used record store in San Francisco and receiving the Live 1980-1986 album in as a Christmas present in 1988, I have been a fan. Placing Jackson in that rare category of artists whose new albums are must-haves upon release. He has never failed to repay the investment of my money and/or listening time.
The first Night and Day album by Joe Jackson is an absolute pop music masterpiece. The "sequel," appropriately entitled Night and Day II, like the first, is an homage to New York City. The sequel musically quotes the lilting keyboard lines from Jackson's biggest hit, "Steppin' Out," several times, making one long to hear the original on Night and Day. Highlights included "Glamour and Pain" and "Happyland. Marianne Faithfull makes an interesting guest vocal appearance on "Love Got Lost.
Stranger Than You (Vocal). Joe Jackson: Night and Day II. 04:16. Glamour and Pain (Vocal). 05:59. 06. Dear Mom (Vocal). 04:12. 07. Love Got Lost (Vocal). 06:59. 08. Just Because (Vocal). 04:45.
Night and Day II is a 2000 album by Joe Jackson. It was a revisit of the style of his 1982 album, Night and Day, featuring songs about the New York City lifestyle, seen through different characters.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Hell Of A Town||3:18|
|3||Stranger Than You||4:16|
Vocals – Sussan Deyhim
|5||Glamour And Pain
Vocals – Dale De Vere
|7||Love Got Lost
Backing Vocals – JJ*Lead Vocals – Marianne FaithfullRecorded By [Marianne Faithfull's Vocal] – Ciaran Cahill*Soprano Vocals – Alexandra Montano
- Manufactured By – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Published By – Pokazuka Ltd.
- Published By – ARZO Publishing
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Recorded At – Windmill Lane Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Art Direction – Joe Jackson
- Bass – Graham Maby (tracks: 5, 7, 8)
- Cello, Cello [Solos] – Dorothy Lawson
- Drums – Gary Burke (tracks: 7)
- Engineer, Producer [Associate] – Dan Gellert
- Featuring [String Quartet] – Ethel
- Management – Big Hassle Inc.*, Jim Merlis, Mike Maska
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Percussion – Sue Hadjopoulos (tracks: 1 to 3, 9)
- Photography By [All Other] – Alex Vandoros
- Photography By [Front Cover & CD Label] – Nitin Vadukul
- Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizer [Basses], Sequenced By, Drum Programming – Joe Jackson
- Production Manager – Brian Coleman
- Recorded By [Additional Assistant] – Ross Peterson
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Charlie Post
- Technician [Keyboards, Midi] – Paul Geluso
- Viola – Ralph Farris
- Violin – Mary Rowell, Todd Reynolds
- Vocals – JJ* (tracks: 1 to 3, 6, 8 to 10)
- Written-By, Arranged By, Producer – Joe Jackson
NotesRecorded at Avatar, New York City
Marianne Faithful's vocals recorded at Windmill Lane, Dublin
Mastered at Sterling Sound, Chelsea
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 9399700080100
|SK 89261, 0892612000||Joe Jackson||Night And Day II (CD, Album)||Manticore , Sony Classical, Manticore , Sony Classical||SK 89261, 0892612000||Europe||2000|
|SM 89261||Joe Jackson||Night And Day II (MD, Album)||Sony Classical||SM 89261||US||2000|
|SK 89261||Joe Jackson||Night And Day II (CD, Album)||Sony Classical, Manticore||SK 89261||US||2000|
|SRCS 2387||Joe Jackson||Night And Day II (CD, Album)||Sony Classical||SRCS 2387||Japan||2000|
|ASK 89261||Joe Jackson||Night And Day II (CD, Album, Promo)||Sony Classical||ASK 89261||US||2000|