The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra - Overtime Music Of Bob Brookmeyer FLAC album
In this clip from ww. rtistshousemusic.
Suite for Three, Rich - The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией.
And what different sound comes from this grand aggregate of 16, plus three on selected tracks.
The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra is a multiple Grammy Award-winning 16-piece jazz orchestra, comprised of a Who’s Who of New York City’s finest musicians. The ensemble began its life as the Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra in 1966. The Mel Lewis Jazz Orchestra continued to perform the music of Thad Jones, but the legendary Bob Brookmeyer was recruited as musical director and his groundbreaking compositions provided an entirely new sonic direction for the band. OverTime - Music of Bob Brookmeyer - 2014 GRAMMY nominee. Forever Lasting -Live in Tokyo- 2012 GRAMMY nominee. Monday Night Live At The Village Vanguard 2009 GRAMMY winner.
OverTime: Music Of Bob Brookmeyer Contents.
THE VANGUARD JAZZ ORCHESTRA is not your father s Mel Lewis-Thad Jones Jazz Orchestra on OVER TIME MUSIC OF BOB BROOKMEYER. By that I mean the Jones-Lewis big band had a certain personality, due in large part from Thad Jones arrangements. If this recording doesn't carry you back to better times nothing will. But these are the good times now that the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra is lively and here for us.
Suite For Three: Rich. The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra. 5. XYZ. Bob Brookmeyer. Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer. 7. At the Corner of Ralph and Gary. blue highlight denotes track pick.
Overtime: Music Of Bob Brookmeyer. Released by Planet Arts Recordings Aug 2014 8 Tracks. Overtime: Music Of Bob Brookmeyer is a English album released on Aug 2014. Overtime: Music Of Bob Brookmeyer Album has 8 songs sung by The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra, Dick Oatts, Scott Wendholt. Listen to all songs in high quality & download Overtime: Music Of Bob Brookmeyer songs on Gaana.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Big Time||4:01|
|Suite For Three|
Soloist, Alto Saxophone – Dick Oatts
Soloist, Flugelhorn – Scott Wendholt
Soloist, Tenor Saxophone – Rich Perry
Soloist, Bass – David WongSoloist, Drums – John Riley Soloist, Piano – Jim McNeelySoloist, Soprano Saxophone – Billy DrewesSoloist, Tenor Saxophone – Rich PerrySoloist, Trombone – John MoscaSoloist, Trumpet – Terell Stafford
Arranged By – Bob BrookmeyerSoloist, Alto Saxophone – Dick OattsWritten-By – Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer
|7||At The Corner Of Ralph And Gary
Soloist, Baritone Vocals – Gary SmulyanSoloist, Tenor Saxophone – Ralph Lalama
Soloist, Flute – Dick Oatts
- Recorded At – Sear Sound
- Mixed At – Avatar Studios
- Mastered At – Arf! Mastering
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Billy Drewes, Dick Oatts
- Art Direction, Design – Tetsuya Hoshimo
- Baritone Saxophone – Gary Smulyan
- Bass – David Wong
- Bass Clarinet – Frank Basile (tracks: 3, 5, 8)
- Bass Trombone, Mixed By – Douglas Purviance*
- Drums – John Riley
- French Horn – David Peel (tracks: 1, 5 6, 8)
- Illustration [Cover] – Nao Sakamoto
- Mastered By – Alan Silverman
- Mixed By – Gary Chester
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Nate Odden
- Percussion – Mike Truesdell (tracks: 1, 5, 8)
- Piano – Jim McNeely
- Recorded By – Jay Messina
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Chris Allen
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Rich Perry
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Ralph Lalama
- Trombone – Luis Bonilla
- Trombone [Tenor], Bass Trombone – Jason Jackson
- Trombone, Mixed By – John Mosca
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Nick Marchione, Scott Wendholt, Tanya Darby, Terell Stafford
- Written-By – Bob Brookmeyer (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 8)
NotesRecorded at Sear Sound, NYC, June 11 & 12, 2014
Mixed at Avatar Studios, NYC, June 24, 25 & July 1, 2014
Mastered at Arf! Mastering, July 11, 2014
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 20428 10141 3