The Chieftains - The Chieftains 4 FLAC album
The Chieftains is the first album released by the Irish musical group The Chieftains in 1964. The album is now sometimes referred to as The Chieftains 1 due to the numbering system of their later albums. It was one of the first folk albums to be recorded in stereo. All tracks traditional compositions. Sé Fáth mo Bhuartha, The Lark on the Strand, An Fhallaingín Mhuimhneach, Trim the Velvet" – 7:38. An Comhra Donn, Murphy's Hornpipe" – 4:30. Cailín na Gruaige Doinne" (The Brown-Haired Girl) – 2:40.
The Chieftains - Women of Ireland, Morning Dew (Barry Lyndon . Mo Ghile Mear (Our Hero) - The Chieftans & Sting. The Chieftains - The Dusty Miller. Marie's Wedding - Van Morrison and The Chieftans.
Cultural ambassadors, The Chieftains started their journey in Ireland in 1962. Since then they have won six Grammy Awards and are highly recognized for reinventing traditional Irish music on a contemporary and international scale
The Chieftains 4. 1974. This album has an average beat per minute of 104 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 86/114 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile The Chieftains 4. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by The Chieftains.
The Chieftains 4. The Chieftains. The Chieftains 4 Tracklist. 7. Carrickfergus Lyrics. About The Chieftains 4. The Chieftains 4 Q&A. More The Chieftains albums.
The Chieftains - Wabash Cannonball. Another country, 320 кБит/с, . mb 2. 03:27. The Chieftains - The Foggy Dew with Sinead O'Connor. 128 кБит/с, 5mb 40. 05:20. The Chieftains - Boil The Breakfast Early. The Chieftains - Treasure Island: Blind Pew. Reel Music: The Film Scores, 192 кБит/с, . mb. The Chieftains - Carolan’s Concerto. The Chieftains 3, 320 кБит/с, . The Chieftains - Tristan and Isolde: March of the King of Cornwall. Reel Music: The Film Scores, 258 кБит/с, . The Chieftains - O’Neills’s March. The Chieftains - No. 6 The Coombe (Album Version). 321 кБит/с, 9mb. 03:49.
The Chieftains 4 is an album by The Chieftains. It is the first album to feature Derek Bell on the harp Contents.
On this early gem, The Chieftains combine the spirit of a great pub session with the impeccable technique of a small orchestra. The familiar reel "Drowsy Maggie" becomes a showcase for virtuoso fiddle and whistle solos, and "Women of Ireland" (later the theme for Kubrick's Barry Lyndon) is the sweetest of airs. This album marks the arrival of Derek Bell's lilting harp and a more ambitious sense of arrangement: "The Battle of Aughrim" is their first instrumental suite, stringing traditional pieces together to tell a larger story.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||The Tip Of The Whale||2:52|
|A4||The Bucks Of Oranmore
Fiddle [Solo] – Sean Keane
|A5||The Battle Of Aughrim||7:32|
|B1||The Morning Dew||3:27|
|B4||Cherish The Ladies||2:24|
|B6||The Love Theme From Barry Lyndon (Women Of Ireland) (Mna Na H Eireann)||3:28|
|B7||O'Keeffe's Slide / An Suisin Ban / The Star Above The Garter / The Weavers||3:36|
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records
- Lacquer Cut At – Kendun Recorders
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Recorded At – Morgan Studios
- Recorded By – Claddagh Records
- Bodhrán, Bones – Peadar Mercier
- Engineer [Recorded By] – Paul Tregurtha
- Fiddle – Martin Fay , Seán Keane*
- Flute, Concertina, Tin Whistle – Michael Tubridy
- Harp – Derek Bell
- Liner Notes – Alan Stivell, Alun Owen, Máire Áine Ní Dhonnchadha*, Peter Sellers
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Edward Delaney
- Photography – Jeffrey Craig
- Producer, Arranged By [Music Arranged and Directed By] – Paddy Moloney
- Tin Whistle – Seán Potts
- Typography – Peter Wildbur*
- Uilleann Pipes, Tin Whistle – Paddy Moloney
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ILPS 9380-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ILPS 9380-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): T1 ILPS-9380-A-TH KENDUN -B- 1 Λ2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout): T1 ILPS-9380-B-TH-2 KENDUN -A- Λ1
|CC14||The Chieftains||4 (LP, Album, Gat)||Claddagh Records||CC14||Ireland||1973|
|79024, SHAN - 79024||The Chieftains||4 (LP)||Shanachie, Shanachie||79024, SHAN - 79024||Canada||1983|
|2310 407||The Chieftains||The Chieftains 4 (LP, Album)||Polydor||2310 407||France||1973|
|CC14||The Chieftains||4 (LP, Album)||Claddagh Records||CC14||Ireland||1973|
|CC14||The Chieftains||The Chieftains 4 (LP, Album, Gat)||Claddagh Records||CC14||UK||1973|