Various - Saturday Morning (Cartoons' Greatest Hits) FLAC album
VHS promo for the 1995 album Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits featuring Drew Barrymore.
Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits is a tribute album of songs from Saturday morning children’s television shows and cartoons (mostly) from the 1960s and 1970s. The project was produced by Ralph Sall, with the songs performed by alternative rock artists.
Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your collection. Awesome album! I loved these shows when I was growing up, and now the theme songs are covered by great bands in their own style. All of these covers are great, but my personal fave is Spider Man by The Ramones. Highly recommended! Reply Notify me Helpful.
A&R – Beth Halper, Ron Oberman. Artwork – Bongo Tone, Inc. Coordinator – Candi Tobaben, Jeanne Venton
LP (12" album, 33 rpm). Various Artists (Artist) Format: Vinyl.
Various Artists, Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits. Used drive : HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH22NP20 Adapter: 2 ID: 0. Read mode : Secure Utilize accurate stream : Yes Defeat audio cache : Yes Make use of C2 pointers : No. Read offset correction : 102 Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No Null samples used in CRC calculations : Yes Used interface : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000.
Title: Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits (Video 1995). It's an absolute high-octane nostalgia kick, and best of all, you don't have to get up at dawn to enjoy any of it. Written by Anonymous.
Album: Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits. Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits Various Artists.
Compilation by various artists. The Tra La La Song (One Banana, Two Banana) by Liz Phair with Material Issue. Go Speed Racer Go by Sponge. Sugar Sugar by Mary Lou Lord with Semisonic. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? by Matthew Sweet. Josie and the Pussycats by Juliana Hatfield and Tanya Donelly. The Bugaloos by Collective Soul. Underdog by Butthole Surfers. Spider-Man by Ramones. Jonny Quest/Stop That Pigeon by Reverend Horton Heat. Open Up Your Heart and Let the Sun Shine In by Frente!
Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits. Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Liz Phair With Material Issue||The Tra La La Song (One Banana, Two Banana)
Bass, Vocals – Ted AnsaniDrums, Percussion – Mike ZelenkoGuitar, Vocals – Jim EllisonKeyboards – Jon GilutinVocals – Liz PhairWritten-By – Mark Barkan, Richie Adams*
|2||–Sponge||Go Speed Racer Go
Bass – Tim Cross Guitar – Joey Mazzola , Mike Cross Vocals, Drums – Vinnie*Written-By – Nobuyoshi Koshibe
|3||–Mary Lou Lord With Semisonic||Sugar Sugar
Bass, Backing Vocals – John MunsonDrums, Percussion, Keyboards, Backing Vocals – Jacob SlichterGuitar, Backing Vocals – Dan WilsonKeyboards [Additional] – Michael RailtonLead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Mary Lou LordWritten-By – Andy Kim, Jeff Barry
|4||–Matthew Sweet||Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?
Bass – Tony MarsicoDrums, Percussion – Stuart JohnsonLead Guitar – Richard LloydVocals, Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals – Matthew SweetWritten-By – Ben Raleigh, David Mook
|5||–Juliana Hatfield And Tanya Donelly||Josie And The Pussycats
Bass – Dean FisherDrums, Percussion – Christopher Gorman*Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Juliana HatfieldLead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar – Tanya DonellyOrgan [Hammond B-3] – Lisa MednickWritten-By – Denby Williams, Hoyt Curtin, Joseph Roland
|6||–Collective Soul||The Bugaloos
Bass, Backing Vocals – Will TurpinDrums – Shane Evans Lead Guitar – Ross ChildressLead Vocals, Guitar – Ed RolandRhythm Guitar – Dean RolandWritten-By – Charles Fox, Norman Gimbel
Drums, Backing Vocals – King CoffeyEngineer, Mixed By – Larry Fergusson*Guitar, Bass, Backing Vocals – Paul LearyLead Vocals – Gibby HaynesWritten-By – Chester Stover, Joseph Harris, Treadwell Covington, Watts Biggers*
Bass – Henry Bogden*Drums – John StanierGuitar – Rob EcheverriaGuitar, Vocals – Page HamiltonWritten-By – Eugene Raskin*, Louis C. Singer
Bass – C. J. Ramone*Drums – Marky RamoneGuitar – Johnny RamoneVocals – Joey RamoneWritten-By – Robert Harris*, Paul Francis Webster
|10||–Reverend Horton Heat||Jonny Quest / Stop That Pigeon
Double Bass [Upright Bass], Backing Vocals – Jimbo WallaceDrums, Backing Vocals – Scott ChurillaGuitar, Lead Vocals – Reverend Horton Heat Written-By ["Jonny Quest"] – Hoyt Curtin, William Hanna, Joseph Barbera*Written-By ["Stop That Pigeon"] – William Hanna And Joseph Barbera*
|11||–Frente!||Open Up Your Heart And Let The Sun Shine In
Bass – Tim O'ConnorDrums – Alistair Barden*Guitar – Simon AustinOrgan – Daniel DenholmVocals – Angie HartWritten-By – Stuart Hamblen
|12||–Violent Femmes||Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means I Love You)
Bass, Backing Vocals, Xylophone – Brian RitchieDrums, Backing Vocals – Guy HoffmanVocals, Guitar – Gordon GanoWritten-By – Hoyt Curtin, William Hanna, Joseph Barbera*
|13||–Dig||Fat Albert Theme
Bass, Backing Vocals – Phil FriedmannDrums – Joel DomantayGuitar, Backing Vocals – Jon Morris Lead Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards – Scott HackwithWritten-By – Edward Fournier*, Ricky Sheldon
|14||–Face To Face||I'm Popeye The Sailor Man
Bass, Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals – Matt RiddleDrums, Backing Vocals – Rob KurthGuitar, Backing Vocals – Chad YaroLead Vocals, Guitar – Trever KeithWritten-By – Sammy Lerner
|15||–Tripping Daisy||Friends / Sigmund And The Seamonsters
Bass – Mark PirroDrums, Percussion – Bryan WakelandGuitar – Wes BerggrenLead Vocals – Tim DeLaughterWritten-By – Bobby Hart, Danny Janssen
Bass, Backing Vocals – Lisa UmbargerDrums, Backing Vocals – Mark ReznicekGuitar, Backing Vocals – Darrel HerbertLead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Guitar – Todd LewisWritten-By – Janis Gwin*, Linda Martin
|17||–Sublime||Hong Kong Phooey
Bass, Backing Vocals – Eric WilsonDrums, Backing Vocals – Bud*Guitar, Lead Vocals – Brad NowellHorns – Gregg Humphrey, Richard Grant , Shawn Palmer, Todd ForemanWritten-By – Hoyt Curtin, William Hanna, Joseph Barbera*
|18||–The Murmurs||H. R. Pufnstuf
Bass – C. Brooks McPhailDrums – Thomas BrunjesElectric Guitar – Daniel ReyFlute – Shannon MaloneKeyboards – Joe McGintyVocals, Acoustic Guitar – Heather Grody, Leisha HaileyWritten-By – Les Szarvas
|19||–Wax||Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Bass, Vocals – Dave GeorgeffDrums, Vocals – Loomis*Guitar, Vocals, Horns – Tom GardockiVocals – Joe SibWritten-By – Charlie Brissette, Christopher Reccardi*, John Kricfalusi
- Record Company – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc. – D 112064
- Manufactured For – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc.
- Distributed By – Uni Distribution Corp.
- Produced For – Bulletproof Recording Company, Inc.
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Chicago Recording Company
- Recorded At – Andora Studios
- Recorded At – King Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Fort Apache North
- Recorded At – Southern Tracks
- Recorded At – Pedernales Studio
- Recorded At – The Hit Factory
- Recorded At – Baby Monster Studios
- Recorded At – Planet Dallas Studios
- Recorded At – Platinum Studios, Melbourne
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Mixed At – Ocean Way Recording
- Mixed At – Soundcastle
- Mixed At – Capitol Studios
- Mastered At – Precision Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Published By – Anihanbar Music Co.
- Published By – Speed Classic Music, Inc.
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Don Kirshner Music, Inc.
- Published By – Cartoon Publishing Co.
- Published By – Kristina Music
- Published By – Longitude Music Co.
- Published By – Harwichport Music Co.
- Published By – Oliver Music Publishing Co.
- Published By – Hillcrest Music, Inc.
- Published By – Webster Music Co.
- Published By – Barbera-Hanna Music
- Published By – Hamblen Music Co.
- Published By – Famous Music Corporation
- Published By – Filmation Associates
- Published By – Music By Nickelodeon, Inc.
- A&R [Direction For MCA Records] – Beth Halper, Ron Oberman
- Artwork [Saturday Morning Logo] – Bongo Tone, Inc.
- Coordinator [Project] – Candi Tobaben, Jeanne Venton
- Design – Lisa Sutton
- Engineer – Peter McCabe (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 19)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Adam Rhodes, Adam Zimmerman, Amado Carrasco, Andrew Garver, Bill Smith, Brad Haehnel, Caram Costanzo, Carl Nappa, Carlos Castro , Dave Cook, Dave Dysart, Dave Schiffman*, Eddie Miller, Gabe Chiesa, Ian Bryan, Jeff DeMorris, Jeffrey Lane*, Jim Champagne, Jonathan Mooney, Krish Sharma, Leslie Ann Jones, Luis Quine, Mark Yeend, Michael Scotella*, Rail Rogut, Richard Huredia*, Rick Rooney
- Illustration [Back Cover] – Gary Panter
- Illustration [Front Cover] – Glenn Barr
- Illustration [Tray Card] – Andrew Davis
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Peter McCabe (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 19), Ralph Sall
- Photography By [Butthole Surfers] – Will Van Overbeek
- Photography By [Dig] – William Stobaugh*
- Photography By [Helmet] – John Falls
- Photography By [Liz Phair] – S. Apicella Hitchcock*
- Photography By [Material Issue, Juliana Hatfield, Toadies] – Michael Lavine
- Photography By [Matthew Sweet] – Jeff Bender
- Photography By [Ramones] – Michael Halsband
- Photography By [Sublime] – Josh Coffman
- Photography By [Tanya Donelly] – Andrew Catlin
- Photography By [The Bugaloos] – Michael Muller
- Photography By [The Murmurs] – Alessandio D'andrea
- Photography By [Violent Femmes] – Francis Ford
- Photography By [Wax] – Mike Ballard
- Producer, Executive Producer, Concept By, Liner Notes, Art Direction – Ralph Sall
NotesCover-versions of Cartoon themes
Track 1 from: The Banana Splits Adventure Hour
Track 2 from: Speed Racer
Track 3 from: The Archie Show
Track 10 from: Dastardly And Muttley In Their Flying Machines
Track 11 from: The Flintstones
Track 12 from: The Jetsons
Track 13 from: Fat Albert And The Cosby Kids
Track 15 from: Sigmund And The Seamonsters
Track 16 from: The Groovie Goolies
Track 19 from: The Ren And Stimpy Show
Tracks 1, 2, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19 recorded at Ocean Way, Los Angeles, CA.
Track 3 recorded at The Chicago Recording Company, Chicago, Illinois.
Track 4 recorded at Andora Studios and Kingsound, Los Angeles, CA.
Track 5 recorded at Fort Apache, Cambridge, MA.
Track 6 recorded at Southern Tracks, Atlanta, GA.
Track 7 recorded at Pedernales Studio, Austin, TX.
Track 8 recorded at Hit Factory, New York, NY.
Tracks 9 and 18 recorded at Baby Monster Studios, New York, NY.
Tracks 10 and 16 recorded at Planet Dallas, Dallas, TX.
Track 11 recorded at Platinum Studios, Melbourne, Australia.
Track 13 recorded at A&M Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Tracks 1 to 6, 9 to 19 mixed at Ocean Way, Los Angeles, CA.
Track 7 mixed at Soundcastle, Los Angeles, CA.
Track 8 mixed at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Mastered at Precision Mastering, Los Angeles, CA.
Track 1 published by Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)/Anihanbar Music Co. (BMI)
Track 2 published by Speed Classic Music, Inc. (BMI)
Track 3 published by EMI Blackwood Music Inc./Don Kirshner Music (BMI)
Track 4 published by Cartoon Publishing Co. (ASCAP)
Track 5 published by Unichappell Music Inc. (BMI)
Tracks 6, 15 and 18 published by Kristina Music (BMI) All rights adm. by Longitute Music Co.
Track 7 published by Harwichport Music Co. (ASCAP)
Track 8 published by Oliver Music Publishing Co (ASCAP)
Track 9 published by Hillcrest Music, Inc./Webster Music Co. (ASCAP)
Tracks 10 and 17 published by Anihanbar Music Co. (BMI) (Stop That Pigeon) and Barbera-Hanna Music (BMI) (Johnny Quest)
Track 11 published by Hamblen Music Co. (ASCAP)
Track 12 published by Barbera-Hanna Music (BMI)
Track 14 published by Famous Music Corporation (ASCAP)
Track 16 published by Filmation Associates (BMI)
Track 19 published by Music By Nickelodeon, Inc. (BMI)
There is no publishing information for track 13
The writing credits for track 6 are incorrectly listed as Charles Gimbel and Norman Fox.
Liz Phair appears courtesy of Matador Records/Atlantic Records
Sponge appears courtesy of The Work Group
Matthew Sweet appears courtesy of Zoo Entertainment
Juliana Hatfield appears courtesy of Mammoth Records/Atlantic Records
Tanya Donelly appears courtesy of Reprise Records
Collective Soul appears courtesy of Atlantic Records
Butthole Surfers appear courtesy Capitol Records
Helmet appears courtesy of Interscope Records
Ramones appear courtesy of Radioactive Records, J.V.
Reverend Horton Heat appears courtesy of Interscope Records
Frente! appears courtesy of Mushroom Records
Violent Femmes appear courtesy of Interscope Records
Dig appears courtesy of Radioactive Records, J.V.
Face To Face appears courtesy of Victory Music
Tripping Daisy appears courtesy of Island Records Inc.
Toadies appears courtesy of Interscope Records
Sublime appears courtesy of Skunk Records /Gasoline Alley, J.V.
Wax appears courtesy of
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (mirrored): 1088 D112064 C61031-21
- Mastering SID Code (mirrored before matrix/runout): L385
- Mould SID Code: IFPI6100
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|MCAD-11348||Various||Saturday Morning (Cartoons' Greatest Hits) (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCAD-11348||US||1995|
|MCD 11348||Various||Saturday Morning (Cartoons' Greatest Hits) (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCD 11348||Europe||1995|
|MCAD-11348||Various||Saturday Morning (Cartoons' Greatest Hits) (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCAD-11348||Australia||1995|
|MCAC-11348||Various||Saturday Morning - Cartoons' Greatest Hits (Cass, Comp)||MCA Records||MCAC-11348||US||1995|
|CMCAD 11348||Various||Saturday Morning - Cartoons' Greatest Hits (CD, Album, Club)||MCA Records||CMCAD 11348||Canada||1995|