Murray Head - Nigel Lived FLAC album
Murray Head's Nigel Lived is a groundbreaking classic and one of the boldest, most daring and inventive albums of all time. In Spring of 1972 Murray Head was just 25, coming off amazing success on the stage and screen, when he recorded his debut album, Nigel Lived.
Listen free to Murray Head – Nigel Lived (Pacing On the Station, Big City and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Nigel Lived is the first album by the British lead vocalist and actor Murray Head, released in 1973 on CBS Records. It is a concept album which tells the story of Nigel, a young singer who arrives in London seeking to make a career in the music business. His early optimism gives way to disillusionment, struggle, and finally heroin addiction. The original vinyl release came in an elaborate package, with a lyric sheet featuring pages from Nigel's diary to depict the course of his gradual disintegration.
Recorded in the summer of 1972 and released the following year, Nigel Lived is Murray Head's first solo LP. A rarity for this singer, it takes the form of a concept album. A songwriter found the diary of a stranger and wrote songs out of some fragments. The booklet reproduces pages of the fake diary along with the lyrics, weaving a believable fiction that helps in distancing or objectifying the autobiographical nature of the songs.
By: Murray Head (1972, Rock). More albums from Murray Head: Voices by Murray Head. Pipe Dream by Murray Head. Sooner Or Later by Murray Head. Shade by Murray Head. Tête A Tête by Murray Head. Restless by Murray Head. Find The Crowd by Murray Head. My Back Pages by Murray Head. View all albums . Nigel Lived. By: Murray Head (1972, Rock). 1. Pacing On The Station.
Nigel Lived (CD, Album). Nigel Lived (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM).
Album by Murray Head. When You Wake Up in the Morning. Why Do We Have to Hurt Our Heads. Pity the Poor Consumer.
Band Name Murray Head. Album Name Nigel Lived. Data de lançamento 1972. Labels CBS Records Voiceprint. Estilo de MúsicaPop Rock. Membros têm este álbum0. 3. Bed & Breakfast. In 2017 Intervention Records reissued Nigel Lived on 180-gram double 45RPM vinyl. The reissue was 100% analog mastered using the original master tapes provided to the label by the original sound engineer on the project, Phill Brown Nigel Lived. Studio album by. Murray Head.
|1||Pacing On The Station|
|3||Bed & Breakfast|
|7||When Do You Wake Up In The Morning|
|8||Why Do You Have To Hurt Our Heads|
|9||Pity The Poor Consumer|
- Accordion – Nick DeCaro (tracks: 12)
- Acoustic Guitar – Mark Warner (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 13, 14), Murray Head (tracks: 5)
- Arranged By [Strings & Horns] – Nick DeCaro
- Backing Vocals – Kay Garner (tracks: 1, 2, 12)
- Baritone Saxophone – Chris Mercer (tracks: 10), Jim Chester* (tracks: 3)
- Bass – Clive Chaman (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 8), Dave Wintour (tracks: 5, 7, 9, 11), Peter Giles (tracks: 14), Philip Chen* (tracks: 4, 13)
- Choir [Choir Master] – Timothy Bond (tracks: 13)
- Clarinet – Tony Coe (tracks: 3, 7)
- Clavinet [Electric Clavinet] – Peter Robinson (tracks: 4)
- Conductor – Fiachra Trench
- Congas – Barry De Souza (tracks: 2, 4), Frank Ricotti (tracks: 4)
- Contrabass – James Harpham (tracks: 3)
- Double Bass – Spike Heatley (tracks: 3, 10)
- Drums – Barry De Souza (tracks: 13), Cozy Powell (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 8), Glen LeFleur (tracks: 4), Michael Giles (tracks: 7, 9, 11, 14)
- Electric Guitar – Mark Warner (tracks: 2, 6, 7, 9, 14)
- Electric Piano – Peter Robinson (tracks: 2)
- Engineer [Chief] – Phill Brown
- Engineer [Mastering] – Arnie Acosta
- Flugelhorn – John Donnelly (tracks: 3)
- Harmonica – Chris Neil* (tracks: 1)
- Harp [Electric Harp] – Skaila Kanga (tracks: 13)
- Mandolin – Graham Preskett (tracks: 1)
- Marimba [Bass Marimba] – Frank Ricotti (tracks: 12)
- Organ [Church Organ] – Peter Robinson (tracks: 9)
- Organ [Pipe Organ] – Fiachra Trench (tracks: 12)
- Percussion – Michael Giles (tracks: 5), Ray Cooper (tracks: 3, 12)
- Piano – Fiachra Trench (tracks: 10), Peter Robinson (tracks: 1, 2, 8, 14)
- Producer – Joe Wissert
- Saxophone – Jim Chester* (tracks: 1, 6, 14), Jimmy Hastings (tracks: 1, 14), Tommy Whittle (tracks: 1, 14), Tony Coe (tracks: 1, 6, 14)
- Saxophone [Electric Sax] – Chris Mercer (tracks: 3)
- Saxophone [Plastic Sax] – Chris Mercer (tracks: 4)
- Slide Guitar – Mark Warner (tracks: 3, 6, 7)
- Steel Drums [Led By] – Miguel Baradas (tracks: 13)
- Strings [Led By] – Jack Rothstein (tracks: 5, 7, 11)
- Tabla – Chris Karam (tracks: 13)
- Tenor Saxophone – Chris Mercer (tracks: 2)
- Trombone – Dave Chapman (tracks: 11), Dave Charman (tracks: 3, 6)
- Trumpet – Henry Lowther (tracks: 6), John Donnelly (tracks: 6)
- Tuba – Martin Fry (tracks: 13)
- Violin [Electric Violin] – Graham Preskett (tracks: 8)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 604388466726
|65503, S 65503||Murray Head||Nigel Lived (LP)||CBS, CBS||65503, S 65503||UK||1972|
|IR-SCD2||Murray Head||Nigel Lived (SACD, Hybrid, Album, RE)||Intervention Records||IR-SCD2||US||2017|
|782015||Murray Head||Nigel Lived (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Culture Factory||782015||France||2012|
|IR-014||Murray Head||Nigel Lived (2xLP, Album, RE, RM, S/Edition)||Intervention Records||IR-014||USA, Canada & Europe||2017|
|KC 31947||Murray Head||Nigel Lived (LP)||Columbia||KC 31947||US||1972|