Joe Henderson - Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) FLAC album
IN PERSON! The one and only BILLY STRAYHORN himself sings and plays his own masterpiece "Lush Life" - live performance 1964 Enjoy this and other gems b. .
Выгодные цены без комиссий! Бронируйте отели онлайн на Booking. com · Бесплатная отмена брони · Надежное бронирование · Широкий выбор
The veteran tenor Joe Henderson has had a distinctive sound and style of his own ever since he first entered the jazz major leagues yet he has spent long periods in relative obscurity before reaching his current status as a jazz superstar. As for the music on his "comeback" disc, it does deserve all of the hype. Henderson performs ten of Billy Strayhorn's most enduring compositions in a variety of settings ranging from a full quintet with trumpeter Wynton Marsalis and duets with pianist Stephen Scott, bassist Christian McBride, and drummer Gregory Hutchinson to an unaccompanied.
Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn. Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn is an album by jazz saxophonist Joe Henderson. Composed of songs written by Billy Strayhorn, the album was a critical and commercial success, leading to the first of three Grammy Awards Henderson would receive while under contract with Verve Records.
Joe Henderson - Lush Life (1992) art booklet 0. pg booklet 0. pg c. pg inlay. Joe Henderson - Lush Life: The Music Of Billy Strayhorn (1992), FLAC (image/cue). Download via torrent Download via magnet. Joe Henderson - Lush Life (1992).
TITLE added to MP3 cart. Lush Life-The Music Of Billy Strayhorn. Strayhorn got his first recognition after he approached Duke Ellington with a composition in 1938,soon after,he was regularly contributing arrangments and original compositions. In 1941 Strayhorn's 'Take the 'A' Train' became the the Duke Ellington Orchestra's theme song. As has been well documented "his work so complimented Ellingtons that it was often impossible to distinquish their respective contributions".
Tenor Saxophone – Joe Henderson. Trumpet – Wynton Marsalis (tracks: 2, 6, 9). Notes. Wynton Marsalis appears courtesy of Columbia Records. Recorded September 3, 6, 8, 1991 at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, . Special thanks to Rachel Abercrombie.
Porgy & Bess is a 1997 album by jazz saxophonist Joe Henderson, released on Verve Records. It contains Henderson's arrangements of music from George Gershwin's opera Porgy and Bess. All music by George Gershwin and all lyrics by Ira Gershwin and DuBose Heyward unless otherwise noted. Introduction: Jasbo Brown Blues" – 0:56. Here Come de Honey Man/They Pass by Singin'" – 2:04. My Man's Gone Now" – 6:58. I Got Plenty o' Nuttin'" – 6:52. Bess, You Is My Woman Now" – 5:15.
Yazar: Billy Strayhorn, Besteciler: Billy Strayhorn. Besteciler: Billy Strayhorn. 06. A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing. Yazar: Billy Strayhorn, Besteciler: Billy Strayhorn. 07. Take The A Train. 08. Drawing Room Blues.
Porgy & Bess 1997. Power To The People (Vinyl) 1969. Page One (Vinyl) 1963. The Standard Joe 1991. Inner Urge (Reissued 1989) 1964. The State Of The Tenor, Vol. 1 1985. 2 1985. Straight, No Chaser (Remastered 1996) 1968.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Composed By – Billy Strayhorn, Duke Ellington
|2||Johnny Come Lately||6:30|
|6||A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing||6:58|
|7||Take The "A" Train||7:12|
|8||Drawing Room Blues||7:33|
|9||U.M.M.G. (Upper Manhattan Medical Group)||5:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Verve Music Group
- Copyright (c) – The Verve Music Group
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mixed At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mastered At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Arranged By – Don Sickler (tracks: 1, 6, 8)
- Artwork By [Art Direction] – Etsuko
- Artwork By [Design] – Larry Offsey
- Bass – Christian McBride (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9)
- Composed By – Billy Strayhorn (tracks: 2 to 10)
- Drums – Gregory Hutchinson (tracks: 2 to 4, 6, 7, 9)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Maureen Sickler
- Liner Notes – Dean Pratt, Stanley Crouch
- Mastered By [SACD] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Other [Music Transcriptions] – Don Sickler
- Other [Product Manager] – Ben Mundy
- Other [Production Assistant] – Camille Tominaro
- Photography [Cd Inlay, Billy Strayhorn Photo] – William Claxton
- Photography [Cover & Booklet Photography] – Susan Ragan
- Piano – Stephen Scott (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9)
- Producer – Don Sickler, Richard Seidel
- Recorded By [Digitally], Mixed By, Mastered By – Rudy Van Gelder
- Tenor Saxophone – Joe Henderson
- Trumpet – Wynton Marsalis (tracks: 2, 6, 9)
NotesWynton Marsalis appears courtesy of Columbia Records.
Recorded September 3,6,8, 1991 at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
Special thanks to Rachel Abercrombie.
Surround Sound mix and mastering by Rudy Van Gelder in October 2003.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02498 61007 7
|314-511-779-2||Joe Henderson||Lush Life: The Music Of Billy Strayhorn (CD, Album)||Verve Records||314-511-779-2||US||1992|
|559 640-2||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (CD, Album, RE)||Verve Records||559 640-2||Europe||Unknown|
|POCJ-1103||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (CD, Album)||Verve Records||POCJ-1103||Japan||1992|
|511 779-2||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (CD, Album)||Verve Records||511 779-2||Canada||1992|
|314-511-779-4||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (Cass, Album, CrO)||Verve Records||314-511-779-4||US||Unknown|