Buddy Rich - Class Of '78 FLAC album
Although the title of this reissue is not necessarily accurate (Buddy Rich's 1966 big band was a stronger unit), this is a high-quality jazz album.
Other Versions (5 of 16) View All. Cat.
Buddy Rich And His Buddies - Playtime (2019) FLAC. Dickey Betts & Great Southern - Live at Rockpalast (Live, Essen, 1978) (2019) FLAC. Mel Tormé & Buddy Rich - Together Again for the First Time (1978/2018) Hi-Res. Buddy Tate - Buddy Tate Body and Soul (1975/2018) Hi-Res. Muddy Waters - Live at Rockpalast (Live 1978 Dortmund) (2018) FLAC.
Class of '78 is a big band jazz album recorded by Buddy Rich in 1977. Originally released by the Great American Gramophone Company as a "direct-to-disc" LP album, it has been re-issued on Compact Disc as The Greatest Drummer That Ever Lived With "The Best Band I Ever Had".
Download Class of '78 by Buddy Rich in high-resolution audio at ProStudioMasters.
macadotious : Request : East Coast Family, Vol. 1 (1992) - Album. 06/24/19 02:38 AM. Sparky77 : Hd copy of John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum - please Thank you Max!
Buddy Rich, Live at Ronnie Scott's, also released as The Man From Planet Jazz, is a 1980 jazz big band recording made by the Buddy Rich Big Band at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London. Not to be confused with the earlier 1971 Buddy Rich Big Band RCA double LP, Very Alive at Ronnie Scotts. LP side 1: Intro, "Beulah Witch" (Don Menza) – 4:37. Grand Concourse" (Bob Kaye) – 6:47. Blues a la 88" (Bob Mintzer) – 6:23. Saturday Night" (Mintzer) – 5:23. LP side 2: "Slow Funk" (Mintzer) – 5:44.
This Buddy Rich discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top Buddy Rich albums can be found at the top of the list. To make it easy for you, we haven't included Buddy Rich singles, EPs, or compilations, so everything you see here should only be studio albums.
Active from the swing era on, the king of the drum solo spot remains the mega-talented, acerbic Buddy Rich.
Buddy Rich performs Jazz selections.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – Mike Abene*Composed By – Joe ZawinulSoloist [Soprano Saxophone] – Steve Marcus
|A2||Bouncin' With Bud
Arranged By – Frank PerowskyComposed By – Bud PowellSoloist [Piano] – Barry KeinerSoloist [Tenor Saxophone] – Gary Bribek
|B1||Cape Verean Blues
Arranged By – Tom BorosComposed By – Horace SilverSoloist [Piano] – Barry KeinerSoloist [Trumpet] – Dean Pratt
Arranged By – Barry Keiner, Buddy RichComposed By – Chick CoreaSoloist [Bass] – Tommy Warrington*Soloist [Drums] – Buddy RichSoloist [Piano] – Barry Keiner
|B3||Funk City Ola
Composed By, Arranged By – Barry MintzerSoloist [Tenor] – Gary Bribek, Steve Marcus
- Recorded At – RCA Studios, New York
- Accompanied By [Assisting Band] – Joe DeNoia, Steve Peck
- Bass – Tommy Warrington*
- Bass Trombone – Edward Eby*
- Cowbell – Gary Bribek
- Executive-Producer – Glen Glancy
- Flute – Alan Gauvin, Chuck Wilson
- Keyboards – Barry Keiner
- Liner Notes – Ira Gitler
- Percussion [Cabasa] – Greg Smith
- Photography [Additional Photo's] – Steve Peck
- Photography [Cover Photo's] – Norman Schwartz
- Producer – Norman Schwartz
- Producer [Production Coordinator] – Stanley Kay
- Recorded By – Dick Baxter, Keith Grant
- Recording Supervisor [Director Of Recording] – Keith Grant
- Saxophone [1st Alto] – Chuck Wilson
- Saxophone [1st Tenor] – Steve Marcus
- Saxophone [2nd Alto] – Alan Gauvin
- Saxophone [2nd Tenor] – Gary Bribek
- Saxophone [Baritone] – Greg Smith
- Saxophone [Soprano] – Alan Gauvin, Chuck Wilson , Steve Marcus
- Trombone [1st] – Matt Johnson
- Trombone [2nd] – Dale Kirkland
- Trumpet [1st] – Chuck Schmidt
- Trumpet [2nd] – Dean Pratt
- Trumpet [3rd] – John Marshall
- Trumpet [4th] – Danny Hayes
Recorded at: RCA Studios, New York, October 1977
|CRDD-1030||Buddy Rich||Class Of '78 (LP, Ltd, Gat)||Century Records||CRDD-1030||US||1977|
|8TG-781||Buddy Rich||Class of '78 (8-Trk, Album)||Gryphon||8TG-781||US||1978|
|GP 3602||Buddy Rich||Class Of '78 (LP, Gat)||Century Records||GP 3602||Japan||1978|
|PL 25164||Buddy Rich||Class Of '78 (LP, Album)||RCA||PL 25164||UK||1978|
|505 010.2||Buddy Rich||"The Best Band I Ever Had" (CD, Album)||Actual Jazz||505 010.2||US||1993|